Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants who register to take part in an event organised by Stampede Sports Ltd. In these terms and conditions participants will be referred to as “you” and the event organiser will be referred to as “Stampede Sports”.
1. By registering in the event you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. All participants must be above the minimum age for the advertised distance on the day of the event:
5K = 11-years; 5-Miles = 15-years; 10K = 15-years; 10-miles = 17-years.
3. You are responsible for reading the details and description regarding the event contained on the website www.stampedesports.co.uk and any other information that may be sent to you by the Event Organiser and agree that you clearly understand what ability is required and what is entailed in participating in the event.
4. Refunds will not be payable if “Stampede Sports” are forced to cancel, or in any way change the event due to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or other circumstances amounting to force majeure. In the unlikely event of the cancellation/postponement of sporting events for whatever reason, Stampede Sports cannot be held responsible in any way for any monetary loss, inconvenience or any other circumstances outside of our control, including non-refundable events fees.
5. Entry transfers will be possible with the written consent of the Race Entries Secretary not less than 5-days before the advertised date of the race, subject to payment of any additional fees that may be required.
6. If any details provided by you on registration, change you must notify Stampede Sports immediately in writing.
Stampede Sports reserve the right to cancel your participation in the event if any information provided by you is found to be inaccurate in any way or levy an administrative charge where a cost is incurred eg Race materials sent to an outdated or incorrect postal address.
7. You are responsible for ensuring that you have taken your own medical advice, and that you are medically fit and healthy and have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the event.
8. You agree that you participate in the event at your own risk, and accept that Stampede Sports cannot be liable to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any personal injury sustained by you in any way or loss or damage to any personal property as a result of your participation in the event.
9. You must abide by any rules or regulations of the event that may be notified to you by the Event Organiser or the venue owners at any point leading up to or at the event. Including the rules of the event’s governing body eg Association of Running Clubs.
10. You must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, spectators and the Event team. If you behave in any manner which is, in the Event Organiser´s opinion, poor sportsmanship or a risk to the safety of any other participant, spectators or anyone else in attendance at the event, this may result in you being disqualified from the event and removed from the venue.
11. You are responsible for the safe keeping of your own personal possessions and those of any spectators you may bring to the event. Personal possessions left unattended at the venue in any facilities provided or otherwise are left entirely at your own risk.
12. You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that any images of you may be used by the Event Organiser in any media regarding the event and to market and advertise the event or any other similar events.
13. All awards must be collected at the event presentation, unless through prior arrangement with the Event Organiser.
14. Running with dogs is not permitted at any Stampede Sports event.
15. No personal audio devices e.g. MP3 players, are to be worn during any Stampede Sports event held on Open roads for safety reasons. You may not be able to hear the approach of other road users or the verbal instructions from Race Officials – this is your responsibility. Runners not complying with this rule will be disqualified from the event.
16. If an event is forced to cancel due to local council or national government lockdown, your entry will be automatically transferred to the next staging of the event.